Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Adjusting

Well, we have sort of officially moved? The kids and I are here in our long term vacation at my mother's house. Derek left yesterday and is back to the grind, which hopefully grinds very quickly into nothing:) It still seems unreal and not knowing when Derek will be here, where we will go and lacking a permanent home makes it all seem like summer vacation. I realize how much I haven't said or done, as my mind continues to convince itself of our return. I am grateful I get to come back and drive with Derek, so I can see so many faces one more time. I am glad to know I will see many again. I am blessed with so many friends that I know will keep in touch. I am horrible at good-byes; I am so glad that it is mostly see-you-later instead. While I realize there are some I won't see, I am so grateful for all I have been blessed to know and spend time with. I want to call and chat with so many, but fittingly I have spent many days now without a phone as my handsome little man has broke it cleanly in half. Man, I love that kid.

3 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Yay! I hope I can see you when you come. That last Sunday was kinda crazy and I really didn't say goodbye to anyone. :)

harrisfamily said...

I miss you and can't wait to hear about life in AZ unfolds!

Kari said...

The adjusting time is the HARDEST!!! I wish you and your family the best! Your family will certainly be missed & the Relief Society will miss YOU terribly! Love ya girl!