Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's a mom to do?

My dear sweet Ashlyn is very independent. I am not sure that independent even begins to explain her, but she is one who refuses to be bound by any restriction. While this has brought many a battle, including sitting in church, a high chair, being held, trying to feed her, or even cut her food, giving her a bath, and the list continues... it has also brought a battle that I was a little surprised and hopefully grateful for. My little 16 month old has decided that sleeping in a crib is not an option, too much restriction. So, about a week or so ago, mommy and daddy gave in and she got to sleep with Hailey. It was amazing, they played and giggled for a minute, but were soon fast asleep. It has been over a week now and it is still going strong. She was taking her naps in her crib, but the last three days that has been out too. She just climbs right in that bed and goes to sleep! I don't know how long it will last, but I'm hoping for good. I would have never tried doing this on my own, but I guess Miss Independent won this time, and mommy is happy to come in second.

1 comment:

Mike and Amber said...

Whoa! I wish you had some trick up your sleeve you could share with all of us! Lucky lucky girl you are!!