Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bryce Jacob Farnsworth





He has arrived! On Friday morning we headed off to the hospital to be induced. At around 10 a.m. they started the pitocin and we were on our way! It seemed a rather slow process to me... At noon they broke my water and I was only at 2-3 cm (sigh) then at about 4 o'clock I gave in and got an epidural since I was only at a 5. Well, that was the trick, because after they were done getting the epidural in I was already a 9.5! At 5 o'clock I asked for the nurse to come so I could push. As they lifted my bedding to get things ready they were shocked to see his head was already crowning and half out!! They began laughing and telling me not to push while they scrambled to get on their gowns, remove the bottom of the bed etc. The doctor just kept chuckling about how he'd never thought he'd deliver a baby where the mom didn't push once. Well, he got too! Before they were even dressed and ready they were suctioning his mouth. Very quick to say the least. It was a great experience and I was actually a little in shock myself that he was laying there, even with the pain, it just seemed a little too easy! But don't all get mad at once - it's easy as soon as you see that beautiful face!! I am so grateful for our new addition to the family. He is super mellow and a great little sleeper. Of course, he is the cutest thing and we can't get enough.

14 comments:

nathalia said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! What a great birth story. Can't wait to meet the little man.

Aimee said...

Adorable! Glad everything went well and all are healthy and happy. You look great and your girls are absolutely precious!! Makes me want #3 . . .

Adria said...

Congrats, Kristen and family!! I'm glad the delivery went so well! I can't wait to see more pictures in the coming weeks :o)

Angela said...

I'm so glad everything went so well! Bryce is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing him with me for a bit yesterday. We're so happy for your sweet family.

Heidi said...

WOW. You lucky duck! Really though, you should write some more about how *extremely painful* your contractions were before the epidural. ;)

He's so handsome! Congratulations!

Aileen Taylor said...

Congratulations!!! He's so handsome and the name is really cute!

sara cardon said...

Congrats!! He is such a handsome little guy!! I love the picture of him with his two older sisters-- what a lucky little guy.:) You look amazing after just having him too, no fair. Lucy would be THRILLED to have Hailey and Ashlynn over one of these mornings to play, so you can catch a nap or have a little extra time with that cute baby. Please, please let us know of a morning that works for you!!

MaryAnn said...

Yay! Congratulations! He's adorable. I love the picture of all the kiddos together. :)

Alissa said...

Yay! So glad it went pretty smoothly for you:) No pushing?! How AWESOME is that?! don't you LOVE epidurals, I'm in love with them myself:) Bryce is sooooo cute, and I love the pic of the girls with their baby brother...precious!!! Congrats!

Mike and Amber said...

Wow, that pregnancy went fast! Congrats, he's beautiful!!!!!

Eric and Caralee said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you,(just one pang of jealousy! hehe) that yawn is just adorable, can't wait to meet him. :)

Brett and Lauren said...

Congrats! He looks really cute!

Kari said...

CONGRATS!!! What an adorable little guy & great birthing story!
He has two Great sisters to help him in the world & great parents.
Give your kid-o's loves from the Marsh's.

Miller Family said...

Adorable! Glad everything went so well. He's precious! :)