Saturday, December 19, 2009

I dun got me un edukashun







It is true... a few years and children later than I expected I finally accomplished my goal to graduate with a bachelor's degree. I really have enjoyed working toward this. Somehow amidst all of the craziness of taking 4 or 5 classes and having three children just to name a few things I keep busy with, I really did enjoy it. I have LOVED learning. I feel like I have done something of value for myself and my children. I want them to know that I value education and that I enjoy increasing my knowledge. I have also been lucky enough to take some classes that interest me and pertain to me. I chose many that dealt with the family unit and the relationships surrounding it. I hope I can take something from them and be a better wife and mother because of it. While I won't miss the crazy load, I miss it already. I am sure I will be back for more soon, just a lot less classes at a time!! I did love at the ceremony that they had a sweet bagpipe and drum group, it was awesome to walk into the arena following them. I wish Derek could have been there too. It was definitely a family effort and he was a really great help to give me time to work on projects and read. I couldn't have done it without all the family support.

2 comments:

Kim Millard said...

Congratulations! That's awesome you kept at it!

nathalia said...

Congrats to you!!! You are such an example, to me and your kiddies! I bet it was a ton of hard work, but that smiley face in your cap and gown really shows how worth it it was!