Monday, May 19, 2008

Potty Funnies

I just thought I would share the funniest thing that Hailey does. Here's basically a run down of how it goes. Hailey, in a public place (grocery store, mall, restaurant, etc.) will say she has to go to the bathroom. Then, I take her there. As soon as we walk in and she sees the toilet, she gives this yucky face, says it is dirty or stinky and walks out, refusing to even consider going to the bathroom on such a toilet. Then, if we don't return home quick enough that she can hold it home, she will tell me that she has to go camping potty. Yes, this is the term in which I have explained going outside, or when I hold her up. So, we return once again to the bathroom, only for her to insist that I hold her above the toilet. Granted, this only works if the bathroom was dirty, not stinky. If it stinks, there is no chance of her going there, she will hold it 'til we are home. She has even gagged before from the smell of public restrooms. Her gag reflex is so sensitive. If she smells her own bowel movement it is a common occurrence to get a gag or two out of her while she wipes. Derek says that only my child would care if a bathroom was dirty or stinky. Any other two year olds care that you know?!?!

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Oh I am laughing so hard right now!!! That is the funniest thing ever. Good job on teaching Hailey about "camping potty"! Too cute! At least you know she'll be happy to wash her hands and put down toilet paper when she's older! ;)

Tamar and Trevor said...

That is so funny! She is yours for sure. In my family I am the paranoid one and the whole time I am in the bathroom with my girls I am saying "Don't touch anything, keep your hands up!" I know that lots of people have had their share of laughs from the bathroom chats I have with my girls.