Saturday, June 14, 2008

Miles For Smiles 5K Run

I know what you are thinking, WHAT?! Yes, today I got up and ran a 5K. A club at Derek's school sponsored it to raise money for a program that they do to give dental care in Haiti. It was a really good experience and overall I enjoyed it. I am definitely no runner though. It was pretty frustrating to run through the finish line and have a woman tell me I didn't look like I'd even ran. Yes, she was saying this as a compliment, but it just added to my frustration that I didn't feel like I really tried that hard. I did, but from the first bit, I couldn't breathe!! I was so limited by my pathetic attemts to breathe! So, next time I'll get an inhaler and ask a pro like Jordan for some breathing tips in advance so that maybe I can run it a little faster! But, I did it and it was fun, even if I finished like 10 minutes after my friends! Any other wanna-be runners can hang out with me in the back anytime!!

1 comment:

nathalia said...

I'm there with you as a wanna-be in the back. I wouldn't really call myself a "runner" actually. Stroll is sometimes an appropriate word. But so is wanna-be.