Sunday, October 26, 2008

Derek's Birthday





We had a good time on Sunday celebrating Derek's 28th Birthday. He enjoyed a diaper free Sunday, as well as a yummy breakfast and dinner. A few friends were able to come over to join in the celebration. Since his birthday is so close to Halloween, I did the "never done before by his mother" :) Halloween themed cake. While he said he has plenty of Halloween cakes, I still think it turned out pretty well. It was even green inside. Thanks for everyone who could make it over.
I am also grateful to be married to such a great man. Birthdays are great occasions to think about everything wonderful about people! Derek is a great husband and father. The girls light up when he comes home. He plays with them all the time and really gets involved. He is a good teacher and example in our home. He is smart and works hard. He is attentive and does great little things like leaving notes for me just when I need it most. He supports all my craziness, including school and is great at playing with the girls when I need a few extra minutes to finish my homework. He honors his priesthood and enjoys his calling. I think he's pretty cute too. There isn't much more you can ask for. Happy birthday!!! Check out that flame!

1 comment:

jor said...

I love that cake!