Friday, February 26, 2010

Five Years


It is strange to think how quickly five years have passed. So much has changed in our lives and we have so much to be grateful for. Five years ago today Derek and I chose to begin our eternity. I am so grateful for a husband who desires the same goals as I do. I am grateful to have started our marriage in the House of the Lord. I continue to feel gratitude as I look at all we have accomplished since then. We have beautiful children, have almost accomplished Derek's career goals and have grown closer and more fond of each other than ever. He is truly the yin to my yang :) He is strong where I am weak and is truly an example and leader in our home. While 5 years seems so short and long all at the same time I am grateful to know there is so much more in the future. I love you Byron!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Happy 5th anniversary! I love your family photos! Your kids are growing so quickly. I can see why Melody loves your little boy! Enjoy Philly!!! We still miss it...especially our great friends!

Jamilyn said...

5 years wow thats great! I gotta say we are so excited for you guys to move back!! AND to finally have a couple to hang out with!

Carl and Amber said...

Dang, Derek's eyes totally pop in that picture!!

Holly Sanders said...

just browsing through your blog--those are some cute kids you have! that little boy of yours is pretty dang cute--love the killer blue eyes! Where are you guys headed after grad?