Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So much snow!!

Over the four years here we haven't had too much snow... I'm not complaining. But, this year we've received record snow! What a good-bye party. Coming at the end of this Philadelphia journey I welcome it as a new experience and joyful. At the beginning, I'd have probably just complained. And although I still hate scraping my car, bitter wind, the thirty extra minutes to put children's coats again and again for one outing (if you haven't guessed, my children enjoy undressing after they are ready and before I have all three out the door) and despite silly snow drivers, I actually have really enjoyed having enough snow to cancel school and play with my children in. This is the kind of snow I enjoy.
Storm 1 began Feb 5 - 28 inches
Storm 2 began Feb 10 - 22 inches
(While we were out of town, Derek had the real storm 1 on Dec 19 - 24 inches)

These pictures are from storm two, Jeremy got to spend the day making a fort and Derek jumped in during the afternoon to help finish up Jeremy's hard work :)


2 comments:

jor johnson said...

That is the COOOLEST snow fort I have EVER seen!!!! I want to play in it!

Carl and Amber said...

Nice job Derek! That definitely beats our snow forts from when we were little!